We are seeking a versatile, experienced Baker, Pastry Chef/Cook. Be part of a vibrant team and create delicious fresh food for our Busselton fresh food market.
We’d like you to have:
- At least 3 years experience working in a busy bakery.
- Strong experience in Pie and Savoury production.
- Be able to make Pies, Sausage rolls, Quiches from scratch.
- The Ability to work independently and to help supervise and help train apprentices.
- Experience in scratch cake making, decorating, Pastries, Biscuits, Choux, Slices and breadmaking.
- Good sound knowledge of Cake, Pastry and Breadmaking principles
- A passion for food, cooking and be interested in the latest trends.
- Great skills in presentation and display of the goods we offer.
- Be able to work efficiently and productively with a team.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management.
- Great attention to cleanliness and order.
- A happy disposition.
Reasons to work with us:
- Great bakers hours – 5am to 2pm.
- We are a respectful, positive, progressive and energetic team.
- You’ll work in a new kitchen with modern appliances.
Weekend work will be required within a roster.
Please send your application with cover letter to: [email protected]
Western Growers Fresh is a new, family owned, fresh food business in Busselton, Australia’s South West. Providing quality local produce of fruit, vegetables, ready meals, pastries, meat, seafood, bread, flowers and more, we offer excellent customer service in an engaging retail experience.
Western Growers Fresh is an equal opportunity workplace. We are a family owned and managed business and like our team to have creative input into our business. To work with us, you must have a passion for local fresh food and love living in the South West! We are a non-smoking workplace.