Our Growers & Producers
The heroes of our food are without a doubt, our growers and producers. We salute you.
Western Growers Fresh is in a prime position to access an outstanding variety of different types of fruits and vegetables, truffles, nuts and dairy, sheep, pig and cattle farms, freshly caught seafood, all within a 300km radius of our shop in Busselton. Shopping here you’ll support over 300 hard working growers, farmers and artisan food producers who make delicious local food.
Did you know that as well as a much wider variety of produce, the South West of WA produces:
- 70% of Western Australia’s apples, that’s why we’re a healthy bunch.
- 70% of Australia’s avocados, woohoo, how lucky are we!
- 90% of Western Australia’s broccoli, go the Vitamin C and potassium!
- Most of Western Australia’s Marron, delish freshwater crays.
- 95% of Western Australia’s potatoes, with some tasty new varieties.
- 100% of tamarillos. YEP, that’s true.
- 85% of the Southern Hemisphere’s black truffles. Bet you didn’t know that!
- Lots and lots of happy free range cattle, pigs, sheep, goats.
- High quality milk and cream which is also made into delicious cheese and ice-cream
- Fresh unpolluted fish in our clean Indian Ocean waters.
So, if we are cut off from the rest of the world, we’d be just fine here. I didn’t tell you that we also have amazing wine, beer and spirits made locally. We really would be just fine!
Best Quality Meats and Fish
At Western Growers Fresh, you’ll conveniently find delicious local meats, truly an omnivore’s delight! Our butcher cases are teaming with beautifully marbled steaks, plump and hearty free-range chickens, lean and tasty pork and a wealth of other fine meats. Our local traditional butchers, Wayne and Julie at Geobay Butchering Company, bring to the table their expert skills gleaned from years of experience perfecting their craft. We select only the best quality meat and cut portions of South West grown beef, lamb and pork. All chicken meat sold in the butcher cases and used in our meals is free range chicken. Our beef, lamb and chicken is halal certified.
Our fish is supplied by FINs, a local Dunsborough business, sourcing sustainable WA and Australian caught seafood. We sell fresh seafood as well as snap frozen seafood for your convenience. Our salmon is Ora King Salmon from New Zealand as it is the best quality, with high oil content and they use the best farming practices. You’ll find Peel Inlet Whiting, Nannygai from Esperance, Abrolhos Island Scallops, NZ clams, large and small in our freezer cabinet.