We are seeking an experienced delicatessen team member in our Busselton fresh food market. If you are vibrant, well organised, with a passion for fresh local food, we’d like to hear from you.
- a minimum of 1 year experience in a busy delicatessen, cafe or lunch bar.
- excellent knowledge of gourmet meats, olives, pies, tarts, sweets
- experience in making rolls, slicing meats, cutting cheeses
- excellent customer service and sales skills.
Must be able to:
- slice and wrap gourmet meats
- cut and package bulk cheese
- prep various lines, such as arancini, rolls, wraps.
Key Responsibilities and duties:
- Serving customers with excellent sales and service skills.
- Upselling goods to increase sales
- Maintaining Excellent presentation, cleanliness and display of the delicatessen
- Communicating with the deli manager, patisserie and kitchen team to ensure sufficient stock is maintained in the delicatessen
- Following and monitoring our occupational health and safety systems.
- Following and monitoring our food safety practices.
- Keeping the delicatessen area clean, with strict hygiene control.
- Presenting tasting samples to customers to promote sales.
- Maintaining knowledge of food and food trends.
- Helping in other areas in the store, as required.
- Other duties as required by the owners.
Reasons to work with us:
- We are a respectful, positive, progressive and energetic team.
- You’ll work in a new business with high standards.
Please send your application with cover letter to: [email protected]Western Growers Fresh is a new, family owned, fresh food business in Busselton. Providing quality local produce of fruit, vegetables, ready meals, pastries, meat, seafood, bread, flowers and more, we offer excellent customer service in an engaging retail experience.
Western Growers Fresh is an equal opportunity workplace. We like our team to have creative input into our business. To work with us, you must have a passion for local fresh food and love living in the South West. We are a non-smoking workplace.
Weekend work will be required within a roster.
Please send your application with cover letter to: [email protected]