We are seeking a Team Leader for the Delicatessen in our Busselton fresh food market. If you are a vibrant, well organised, experienced delicatessen specialist we’d like to hear from you.
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy delicatessen.
- excellent knowledge of gourmet meats, olives, and other lines and how to serve them.
- excellent knowledge of gourmet cheeses, both local and imported
- excellent customer service and sales skills.
Must be able to:
- slice meats
- cut and package bulk cheese
- cook and prep various lines, such as vegetarian patties, arancini, rolls, wraps.
- Delegate to others and supervise a small team.
Key Responsibilities and duties:
- Running the day-to-day operations of the delicatessen in our new Busselton store.
- Serving customers with excellent sales and service skills.
- On the job training of new delicatessen staff on food products and retail skills.
- Delegating responsibilities to others in the deli.
- Monitoring stock levels, ordering stock.
- Managing low wastage
- The presentation and display of the delicatessen, following our brand guidelines.
- Communicating with the kitchen team to ensure sufficient stock is maintained in the delicatessen cabinets.
- Following and monitoring our occupational health and safety systems.
- Following and monitoring our food safety practices.
- Keeping the delicatessen area clean, with strict hygiene control.
- Presenting tasting samples to customers to promote sales.
- Maintaining knowledge of food and food trends.
- Helping in other areas in the store, as required.
- Other duties as required by the owners.
Western Growers Fresh is a non-smoking workplace.
Reasons to work with us:
- We are a respectful, positive, progressive and energetic team.
- You’ll work in a new business with high standards.
Please send your application with cover letter to: [email protected]Western Growers Fresh is a new, family owned, fresh food business in Busselton, Australia’s South West. Providing quality local produce of fruit, vegetables, ready meals, pastries, meat, seafood, bread, flowers and more, we offer excellent customer service in an engaging retail experience.
Western Growers Fresh is an equal opportunity workplace. We like our team to have creative input into our business. To work with us, you must have a passion for local fresh food and love living in the South West. We are a non-smoking workplace.
Weekend work will be required within a roster.
Please send your application with cover letter to: [email protected]