Leek, Bacon & Potato Bake
Leek, Bacon & Potato bake
PREP TIME 40 minutes including cooking
This bake is creamy and super delicious, perfect for a winter side. Make extra for leftovers!
• 1 kg Myalup potatoes
• 1 Tbsp Capel butter
• ¾ cup Ferguson Valley milk
• 2 WA leeks
• 2 Tbsp local olive oil
• 3 slices Eurostyle bacon crisp cooked, diced
• 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
• WA lake salt & cracked pepper
• ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs (I whizz 2 slices stale bread in the processor) + 1 Tbsp melted butter, mix together for the topping
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 6 cup casserole dish.
2. Dice washed, unpeeled potatoes and boil for 20 mins until tender. Drain & mash with the milk and butter.
3. Prep the leeks; cut off the tough green leaves and the roots, wash the stem, make sure you check there’s no sand left, slice thickly.
4. Heat a frying pan, fry bacon until crisp, set aside, add olive oil and sliced leeks to the pan, fry gently for 5- 10 minutes until translucent.
5. Fold the cooked leeks, diced crisp bacon, parmesan into the potatoes.
6. Turn into the greased casserole dish and top with the buttered breadcrumbs.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, till crumbs are golden and crunchy.